Briefly in English
Picture: Sami Uotila
Welcome to the webpage of Janakkala Upper Secondary School!
Janakkala Upper Secondary School is located in the conurbations of Tervakoski and Turenki in the municipality of Janakkala. Tervakoski and Turenki are located in Southern Finland’s countryside midway between capital Helsinki and Tampere and next to cities Hämeenlinna and Riihimäki. It takes about an hour to travel from Janakkala to Helsinki and Tampere.
Janakkala Upper Secondary School is a community of 260 students (100 in Tervakoski branch, 160 in Turenki branch) and 40 teachers. We study in Finnish but our students can also study English, Swedish, French, German and Russian. We participate in international projects and cooperation. And every now and then we have foreign exchange students studying at our school.
- Google Slides presentation about upper secondary school studies and Janakkala Upper Secondary School
- General upper secondary education (studyinfo.fi)
- General upper secondary education in Finland (Ministry of Education and Culture)
- Finnish matriculation examination (Matriculation Examination Board)
- Our Instagram page
- Our Facebook page
- The Union of Upper Secondary School Students in Finland
- General information about Janakkala
- Janakkala in Visit Häme portal
- Janakkala in Wikipedia
- Tavastia Proper in Wikipedia
- History of Tavastia Proper in Visit Häme portal
To get more information about our school please contact
Guidance Counselor Mr. Olli Pöyry
+358 50 380 8794